10775 27th Ave SE, Becker, Sherburne County, Minnesota 55308 / 763-261-4433
The History Center's staff will conduct research of its reference resources for patrons who live out-of-state or who are unable to come to the society's research center.
Research and Reproduction Fees
- For general research requests, $20 per hour.
Minimum order: $10
- Standard research request on an individual:
$25 for a search that would include checking the following sources and includes 10 copies, shipping and handling. If additional copies are requested, the charge is 50 cents per copy.
- 1903 and 1914 plat maps
- Family files in library
- Sherburne County Gravestone Index
- Obituary index
- Will check to see if there is a probate file
- History of the Upper Mississippi Valley (1881)
- Sherburne County Heritage (1986)
- Growth of Sherburne County 1875-1975
- Probate files:
We will determine how many pages are in the file and we will charge 50 cents per copy. We will copy everything in the file. We will not vet the file and decide which pages are important; researchers will get everything in the file unless they are able to review the contents themselves.
$8 per obituary, includes research time and copy
Photocopies (in house)
- 50 cents per page (all sizes, includes microfilm reader).
This includes letter, legal, and ledger size copies as well as copies from
- Scanning- $5.00 per scan (includes CD)
Please let us know which scanning option you want when you order
- Low resolution 150 dpi- Saved as JPEG
- High resolution 600 dpi- Saved as JPEG and/or TIFF
- Color Ink Jet Print: $5.00 per page
- Commercial Use fee: $30.00. Discounts may be available for local businesses and organizations.
If you are interested in ordering research, you may contact the Historical
Society by e-mail.
- Please put "research request" in the subject line.
- Be as specific as possible in your request for information, and include
information you already have that relates to the county.
- It also is helpful to indicate how many hours you wish to authorize for research,
and to prioritize the information you seek.
If you request more information from a source found on this website:
- Please cite the full title of the source and the page where you found it.
- You may easily cut and paste the web address into your email.
by mail at:
Sherburne History Center
10775 27th Ave SE
Becker, MN 55308
or by telephone or fax at: